According to the Federal Tax Service, 3.992 million legal entities and 3.996 million individual entrepreneurs are registered in Russia. According to monitoring data, about 15% of existing business companies and entrepreneurs are participants in specialized and non-core business clubs and communities (RBC data). The total number of participants in various business communities is about 500 thousand people. The largest number of business community participants is in democratic clubs. Closed and elite business communities account for no more than 2% of the total number of participants.
The prospect is an increase in the number of individual entrepreneurs, the share of small and medium-sized businesses (up to 25 million participants in a five-year period). Also in the next five years, business clubs themselves will undoubtedly grow in the Russian Federation (according to international practice, the share of entrepreneurs in business clubs is about 30-50% of the total number of businessmen, while we have no more than 10%).
On the one hand, the quantitative growth of democratic and specialized industry formats for micro-businesses, small and regional businesses, which, due to intense competition and the specifics of the business, will be forced to abandon the problem of business loneliness, defend their advantages, and find the necessary business, financial and investment contacts.
On the other hand, it is possible to increase the zone of influence of elitist and very closed communities, uniting the business establishment and lobbying the interests of the “first” in front of state bodies.
n Moscow, more than 50 business clubs and business communities operate on an ongoing basis. Most of these clubs position themselves as closed business communities. The number of permanent residents in these clubs ranges from 100 to 500 participants. The average finished contribution exceeds 200 thousand rubles and reaches 1.5 million rubles. More democratic formats of business clubs unite from 50 to 100 participants (each), and the amount of the annual membership fee for one participant does not exceed 100 thousand rubles.
The main service of business clubs is networking events (from 1 to 5 events per month, depending on the concept of the club). Among the events, mentor master classes, business forums, prizes and exhibitions, business games, industrial and business tours, training programs (including online versions) can be distinguished.
Additional services include coworking centers, start-up packaging, and personal consulting.
ANALYSIS OF THE COST OF CLUB CARDS
At the market there are:
• Relatively cheap club cards from 2 to 5 thousand rubles per month (regional business clubs, established business clubs with a long history, which even sometimes have a line of additional services, online platforms)
• Cards in the middle range – from 5 to 10 thousand rubles per month (established business clubs, but not well known in the wide information field, in most cases these clubs have a certain specialization)
• Above average cards – from 10 to 30 thousand rubles per month (well-known “sensational” business clubs who managed to invest substantial financial and organizational resources in their promotion)
• Clubs practicing exclusively an annual membership fee (paid annually, without phased payment): from 340 thousand rubles
• Without card payment, but a significant charitable or sponsorship contribution of 300 thousand rubles is required
• No card payment, but paid participation in events is required (on average from 2000 to 3000 rubles per event)
• Without card payment, but a deposit in the account of at least 15 million rubles is required (as a rule these are clubs formed with credit organizations and consisting mainly of bank customers)
Average annual contributions
• Democratic and regional business clubs (for small and medium-sized businesses) – up to 60 thousand per year
• Well-known business clubs (for medium and large businesses) – from 100 to 300 thousand per year
• Closed, elite business clubs – from 300 to 1500 thousand per year
Note: Data collected by ADAPTATION Club & Business’s own marketing department for the first half of 2020. The data are internal in nature and are provided on the site for informational purposes only.